Wednesday 17 October 2007

LATELY

As mentioned in the post below, not only am I resuming work on this blog, but i am also piecing together an ACTUAL paper fanzine version in time for Christmas! Happy days etc.

It's my first 'zine in nearly six (seven?) years and will contain NOTHING that appears on here.

In celebration of all these facts, I'm going to post a really boring outtake interview with a really good band, from my first ever publication: JOY OF SONIC SOUNDS. This zine can be made readily available for reissue if you want to give me a quid. It's enticingly naive, shoddy and badly laid out.

It was also fanzine of the week on the Evening Session sometime in 1998.

For my own gratification, here is the only review I could find of it:

"Joy Of Sonic Sounds #1
92 pages/A5/copied/£1 with SAE
This is the best new fanzine I have seen all year. It features interviews with Twinkie, Seafood, Ganger, El Hombre Trajeado and Hirameka Hi Fi next to items on record shops in Buenos Aires, DIY spurge guns from the movie Bugsy Malone, a mistake littered obituary to wrestler Owen Hart ("Death Of A Hero"), an article called Mobile Phoneys and, wahoo, a piece on Eerie Indiana."


Courtesy Of Jason Graham's NO PICTURES archive. Thanks Jason.

This is saying nothing of it's decent follow-up SUBURBAN GUNS!

No comments: